Come and discover the joys and wonders of music, and learn new skills with a professional musician!
My name is Tuuli, I’m both a singer and a violinist, with a strong musical background and a great passion for teaching.
The lessons are for everyone – for students of all ages and all levels. With me, you will learn in an encouraging, motivational and safe environment.
Classical music & pop music
I’m an active musician from Finland. Teaching is one of the greatest joys of my life, and I enjoy working as a violin- and singing teacher in the Hague, and regularly teach students privately since 2019.
I have a rich variety of experience with different musical styles from classical to pop music. I always aim to make music speak and to move you despite of the genre.
I have experience in teaching young children as well as teens and adults. My background consists of studies at The Royal Conservatoire in The Hague specializing in historical performance practice, as well as singing and playing in different ensembles, orchestras, and choirs. I’ve graduated from the conservatory of Helsinki, and additionally I have studied music education in Finland.
– During the singing lessons we will explore and develop your voice; abilities, colors, tools of expression;
– We will talk about different styles with your favourite songs
– Natural and healthy technique, breathing, singing in tune – these things we will develop with great exercises!
– Gain more confidence and courage to express your inner musician and artist freely
– Reading music / notation
🎻 VIOLIN LESSONS:
– From all the basics you need to know – to advanced violin playing
– Develop your technique, learn to enjoy making music at its best
– Playing together; learning by creating and listening, mirroring and imitating
– Musical expression and different styles
– Creative learning and easy improvisation
– Reading music / notation
The most important task for me as a teacher is to guide you to become your own teacher, the best and the most important teacher you will ever have – the teacher you will have for the rest of your life. Music is something we are all life-long students at and we will never stop learning. So let’s make learning fun and rewarding, and enjoy every step of it.
One of the main goals of each lesson is heighten your individual strengths. I’ll be your guide you and to encourage you to find the right tools that work for you and that help you to grow towards any goals you have – or just simply enjoy music in the best ways possible.
Learn to trust yourself
Many of us come to the lesson carrying with us everything that our lives have brought to us, good and bad moments. Human body and mind work perfectly together and connected. With music, learning is sometimes unlearning some bad habits that all of us have. During the lesson we grow awareness of habits such as different tensions around our bodies, anxieties harmful self-criticism among many other things.
To reach the best learning base, we will focus on:
- Free movement & breathing
- Relaxed mind and body
- Positive thinking and learning
My methods include exercises known in Alexander Technique.
I myself have had a few very important teachers along my journey, and they have greatly inspired me with their ability to encounter, see and understand their students and their enthusiasm. I hope that I can continue this and spread the great love and passion I have towards music.
I’m very much looking forward to seeing you at my lesson!