Do you want to improve your vocal techniques and learn how to sing better? Or do you want to know more about music and learn how to create music and collaborate with others?
Mandy Chan is a vocalist, composer, arranger and bandleader born in Guangdong, China, and currently based out of Rotterdam, the Netherland. Mandy gives vocal technique, vocal improvisation, Pop and jazz singing, music theory and composition lessons. Besides being passionate, motivating and inspiring in teaching music, Mandy also focuses on creating crossover music between the east and the west. Mandy’s love of traditional Chinese music and poetry, influences of western jazz, Latin and pop music would be heard in her transnational, trans-cultural music project.
In 2011, Mandy obtained her bachelor degree from Xinghai Conservatory of Music with Excellent Graduates Award in Vocal performance of Pop music. And in 2020, she successfully obtained her Master of Music degree in Jazz Voice from Codarts. Mandy has performed throughout China and worked with a diverse range of artists in jazz, pop, Latin and world music from across the globe. Mandy has performed in Guangdong TV Spring Festival Evening Show, Xinghai Concert Hall International Jazz Music Festival, Beishan Jazz Festival, and North Sea Round Town, etc.
Mandy Chan has been on a constant pursuit of improvement and perfection, she has participated in masterclasses and workshops with the many notable musicians such as Michael Leagues (Snarky Puppy), Joshua Redman, Richard Bona and Becca Stevens, etc.
Singing lessons: Vocal technique, pop/jazz/folk singing
In my class/lessons, we will work together on vocal techniques/mechanics that includes:
- Proper posture of the body, improving your breathing and developing the resonance of your voice to create a better timber, while at the same time pay attention to intonation and articulation.
- One of the main focus of the lessons is to expand the musicality, knowledge over different genres (jazz/pop/folk), rhythms, improvisation and jazz scatting.
- Through the guidance for proper expression of the lyrics we will reveal and work together on different aspects of your theatrical character.
- We will work on preparing for a show/audition, proper use of a microphone and several vocal recording techniques including home studio recordings.
- For your motivation and development, we will use feedback from other musicians/peers/artists.
Composing and arranging lessons
I also offer lessons about music theory, composing and arranging, which will include basic/jazz theory and harmony, composing and arranging skills, transcription, making annotated scores and demos etc. In our lessons, I would like to unlock your potential and explore more of your possibilities and creativities in music. Apart from our lesson time I encourage you to connect and ask artists and fellow musicians to collaborate while also play your songs/pieces.
Waar kun je les volgen?
Wat zijn de lesprijzen?
Vraag een proefles aan
Deze docent heeft nog plek voor nieuwe cursisten, je bent van harte welkom om een proefles te volgen. Boeken is heel eenvoudig, klik op onderstaande knop om de beschikbare tijden te zien.Reserveer nu je proefles
Heb je nog andere vragen?